“M99 50 Caliber Single Shot Sniper Rifle - The ultimate in long range accuracy and knock down power.” —Trader description
The M99 Anti-Materiel Rifle is a sniper rifle that was introduced during the Summer Sideshow 2012 event.
The sharpshooter perk gives various bonuses for the M99 AMR.
The values in this table are derived from the SDK. However, they have not gone through extensive testing & therefore may not be 100% accurate.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale value||Base damage||Head damage||Reload time (s)|
Price and ammunition
The base price of the M99 AMR is £3500. This can be reduced at intervals of £350 with the Sharpshooter perk, down to £1050 at level 6. The cost of ammunition is £250 per bullet, and £6250 for a full refill. Sharpshooter perk does not get any discount to the ammunition per level.
Ammunition was much cheaper when the weapon was first released, Originally £20 per round, but increased to £250 by a patch, possibly to balance the power of the rifle.
The M99 does a base damage of 675 with a 2.25 headshot multiplier. For each target that the bullet penetrates, the bullet loses 20% of its current damage potential; for example, if three targets are struck in the body by one bullet, then the third target receives ⌊675 × 0.82⌋ = 432 damage.
If used by a level 5 Sharpshooter, the M99 can kill the Scrake with a single headshot on Hell on Earth difficulty with 6 players, and body shots stun them. The Fleshpound has a 50% damage resistance to the M99, as is the case for most weapons. It is thus not possible to one-shot a Fleshpound on Hell on Earth difficulty with three or more players, Suicidal with four or more, or Hard with five or six, because its head health exceeds the damage that can be dealt through a single headshot. While playing solo on beginner difficulty, level 2 Sharpshooter can kill the Patriarch with one headshot.
Because of the huge cost of ammunition for the M99, it is advised that the Sharpshooter uses the M99 only for the Scrake and Fleshpound when not in a dire situation. It is often necessary for other members of the team to contribute large amounts of money so that the Sharpshooter has enough ammunition for each wave. It is also advised that the sharpshooter gets ammo by picking up the green boxes scattered around the map, as it can save hundreds/thousands of pounds. However, unlike the compound crossbow, the M99's damage is not reduced against the Scrake or Fleshpound on any difficulty, making it extremely powerful: a level 4 Sharpshooter can one-shot a Scrake on Hell on Earth with 5 players in the server, and a level 6 Sharpshooter can one-shot a Fleshpound on Hell on Earth with 2 players. In addition, the M99 can kill many large threats at once, such as multiple Scrakes and Fleshpounds if their heads are aligned.
When forced to fire the M99 at lesser specimens, try to take advantage of the bullet's penetration and line up your shots to kill as many as possible. Headshots are not necessary against the Gorefast or any specimen with less health. Because the M99 is so heavy, most of the time you will be forced to use the 9mm pistol efficiently or to wield a weak melee weapon like Knife or Machete. At a sufficiently high level of Sharpshooter, you can decapitate most specimens with one 9mm shot even on Hell on Earth difficulty, but you will likely require assistance against the Husk, Siren, or a group of Crawlers.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Extremely high damage.
- Larger specimens don't have any resistance against the bullets.
- Penetrating shots.
- Equipped with a long-range scope for accuracy.
- Ability to stun Scrakes & Husks with bodyshots even when used off-perk.
- Tied for heaviest weapon in the game, leaving only one other block available for non-support perks;
- Long reload time when low level, or off-perk.
- Requires reloading after every shot.
- Most expensive ammunition in the game at £250 per bullet, and £6250 for a full refill.
- Low ammo count.
- Certainly needs help of a crowd control class in order to be effective.
- Huge recoil. Some players may suffer slight disorientation for a split second after each shot.
- High cost of ammo means its horribly uneconomical to use for anything but the patriarch, and even on harder difficulties, affording the bullets for it will be nearly impossible.
The M99 AMR is a Barrett M99 with an urban grey and black camouflage.
Bugs and exploits
- The M99 auto-reloads itself even when another weapon is switched out. This is due to the animation that prevents you from shooting even though the shot is loaded.
- If shot at a door, the bullet will get stuck in it for a short period of time before disappearing. Interacting with the door before the bullet vanishes will release it and continue its travel.
- Sometimes, when video settings-scope details are set to Model (Low/High), aiming down the sights will cause the scope lens to be blacked out, causing zero visibility through the scope and it becomes virtually useless at aiming. This can be fixed by setting video settings-scope detail to Textured.
- If a Sharpshooter Rank 6 fires this weapon, they will notice the recoil is only slightly reduced, and instead the muzzle climb is slowed down.
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|
|Language:||English • Русский|