Gave the Firebug a proper description in line with my entries on the Medic and Support specialist. Once again any changes anyone wants to make are welcome. -- undeddjester 01.38, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Drastically altered and updated the Firebug description for the Incendiary Update. -- undeddjester 16.45, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
Firebug is not given flamethrower anymore on 5thnlevel. Instead, he's give Mac-10. Miner 13:29, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
I get a Flamethrower at level 5.
Though mine works its quite slow, does anyone have any better ideas? -- Alessio 17:50, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- There isn't a good fast way to level up the firebug, just grind. Lots and lots of grind, like a few other perks. — Balthazar (T|C) 18:33, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- I would disagree. Bloat-ed, hard. Bloats have lots of health, and they're huge so you burn them really easy. They're also fun to watch pop like making popcorn.--Goldblade 22:39, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Wicked, I'll play test a couple of them and see how it goes =D The Bloated one sounds pretty good =] --Alessio 16:42, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
- I tried Bloat-Ed on Suicidal, Doomed, etc. I was able to grind some points fairly quickly, however, I find that normal gameplay and this tactic are almost equal. Bloats are slow, easy to hit, and have decent health on Suicidal. However, when other specimens spawn, you are screwed. Playing a game on Normal or Hard is almost easier, given you have team mates who can support you, and more people means more specimens, means more damage for your ranks. Dinky 18:49, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Level 4 resistance to Husk rockets
I'm currently a level 4 Firebug and I'm already immune to the husk's fireball, whether I have armor on or not. I'm not sure when this change would've taken place, but I've been level 4 for a couple of weeks now and have had this ability the entire time, while your page was last updated a few days ago and wasn't changed accordingly. Is there an official page I could go to for perk benefits?
By the way, feel free to delete this section whenever this is resolved. --Kalenar 14:56, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Have you verified this for Hell on Earth difficulty? I'm not aware of an official page for perk benefits. —Weldindisdowa T/C 19:20, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
I take no damage from husk's fireballs as a Level 4 Firebug with no armor on Hard. --126.96.36.199 03:10, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
After burn damage?
Maybe this should be on the specific weapon pages, but it kind of applies to all fire based weapons. Does anyone have accurate numbers on after burn damage? While playing on Normal, a Mac-10 (35 dmg + after burn) can take out a siren at 300+ health, but not a bloat at 525+. So my rough estimate is ~100 damage per second for about 4 seconds. --DarthZeth 05:20, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- After poking around the forums a bit more, it seems that after burn damage is different for different weapons, increases over time, and is variable.
- This forum post indicates that "Mac10 delivers 38-39 burning damage in the first second, 65-75 - in the 10th (no matter which level firebug are you, even 0, but not the off-perk). Level 6 firebug's flamer delivers 35-38 burning damage in the first second, 96-124 - in the 10th."
- Another one says "The base DoT's first tick of damage is as low as 22-24 damage, and the LAST tick of the burn deals as much as 60-78 damage. The total damage of the whole burn is between 419 and 510 damage. Which means an average of 464 damage."
- I've also seen it said that damage gets 'exponentially greater' over time. Not sure what the truth is. Even though it seems like it's not a simple answer, I'd like to see it recorded somewhere. --DarthZeth 15:47, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- I remember me and User:Weldindisdowa tried to get accurate numbers for after burn damage a while back. I don't remember how it went, but based on the fact that nothing got noted down we either didn't find the code or could't get anything usable out of it. — Balthazar (T|C) 17:42, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
Mac 10 Damage
It's listed here in the perk chart that the Mac 10 gets damage bonuses for the levels, but on the Mac 10 page it says that it is a consistent 35 damage. Is only the after-burn damage, or are one of these pages incorrect? Also, I'd like confirmation on whether or not the actual Mac 10 bullets help level the Firebug perk, or if that is only the flames as well. — Karebu 18:05, 3 August 2012 (UTC)