Re: wiki attacked by spammer
Thanks for cleaning up the mess they made. Leaving a message me on my talk page is the best way to contact me. I've blocked the spammers' IPs and account, and amended the abuse filter. —Weldindisdowa T/C 14:51, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
Summer 2012 New Weapons
Hiya, saw you trying to add in the new weapons for summer 2012. Do you need any help with the damage values? (I don't want to jump in & start editing your new pages in case you were still editing them...)
--Porkchops 05:54, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- Well, can't help you with the images there, but the damage values can be gotten from the SDK.
- Have confirmed the damage values using testmap6p & the "set health" command, so they should be pretty okay except for the HSG shotgun.
- SDK list it as 19.5 x 12 pellets but I could only score a maximum of 228(19x12) damage with it. Not sure how the support spec's damage bonus is going to affect it tho...
- --Porkchops 06:18, 6 July 2012 (UTC) (^^)/
- I've created the blank pages to be filled in, but there's still tons of work to be done.... :`(
- Here's a little table to help with your editing tomorrow.
Base Damage ReloadRate Price Ammo Cost Clip Size Max Ammo Weight Remarks FNFAL_ACOG 65 3.6 2750 15 20 300 6 HSG-1_Shotgun 19.5 3.16 1250 30 12 48 6 12 pellets per shot M7A3_medic_gun 70 3.066 7500 10 15 300 6 M99_AMR 770 4.376 3500 20 1 25 13 2.25 Headshot Multiplier MK23 82 2.6 500 16 12 144 2 Unable to find reloadrate for duals yet
- --Porkchops 08:18, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- Well, power = damage of weapon, speed = firing rate of weapon..... As for range, I'm under the impression that all guns in this game have infinite range?
- I'm not very good at this, but to find out the underlying data using the SDK, do this:
- 1) Fire up the SDK
- 2) Select "Actor Classes" at the row of tabs on top. (Textures / Actor Classes / Meshes / Animations / etc...... )
- 3) Uncheck the 2 tickboxes ("Use Actor as Parent" & "Placeable classes Only?")
- 4) Navigate to Object->Actor->Inventory->Weapon->BaseKFWeapon->KFWeapon->SCARMK17AssaultRifle
- 5) Right Click & select "Default Properties..."
- 6) Expand "KFWeapon" found in the "Default KFMod.SCARMK17AssaultRifle Properties" window & you should see that the ReloadRate of SCAR = 2.966000
- 7) Alternatively, you can select "File"->"Export All Scripts" and then navigate to the "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\KFMod\Classes" folder to check out all the .uc files using a text editor.
- 8) In this example, the damage value of SCAR can be found in the SCARMK17Fire.uc file. Line 20: DamageMax=65 (Line 19 DamageMin is not used as far as I can tell)
- In general, ReloadRate can be found in the <Weapon Name>.uc files while the Damage & FireRate can be found in <Weapon Name>Fire.uc files.
- Personally, I prefer digging thru the scripts using a text editor but the SDK tool can be useful to give you a visual representation of all the objects inheritance...
- Thats about it, now go forth & explore! (^^)/
- --Porkchops 06:29, 7 July 2012 (UTC)