“The frag grenade releases a dense cloud of sharpnel in a large area of effect around its detonation zone. Use with caution.” —Trader description
The grenade is a hand-thrown, offhand explosive weapon, which requires the player to aim in an arc. One grenade can explode multiple weak specimens, or inflict a large amount of damage upon a strong specimen. Grenades are not randomly spawned on the map, but some ammo boxes contain exactly one Grenade.
Grenades can also be "stacked", meaning that when several grenades are successively thrown onto the same place, it will result in a single explosion that is proportional to the number of grenades thrown. This tactic is one of the most effective for damage against a powerful specimen, particularly the Fleshpound. However, it is dangerous because with poor timing, the last grenade thrown can detonate near the player if it is thrown just before the first grenade explodes.
As with any explosive, anyone or anything that takes damage but lives through the explosion will burn with a small fire for a few seconds. This deals no damage, but can be useful for tracking cloaked specimens such as the Patriarch and Stalkers without relying on a commando.
Grenades are a good way to destroy a group or a powerful and strong specimen, but keep in mind that the player must be cautious as a Grenade underneath the thrower's foot will result in a lot of health loss depending on how many Grenades were thrown there.
Specimens will notice thrown grenades and instinctively scatter a few feet away from one when it lands.
The firebug uses a special kind of grenade at level 3+. It does not do any additional damage (in fact, they seem to have much less explosive power than conventional grenades) but they are incendiary. These grenades inflict minor fire damage on all specimens caught within their blast radius, and ignite them. Weaker zeds can burn out and die as a result.
The Field Medic uses a special grenade at any perk level, which releases a constant cloud of gas over several seconds, healing players (including the thrower) for the duration of their stay in the cloud, and dealing light damage to specimens who come in contact with it.
- Welding a door for specimens to break and then throwing many Grenades when the door breaks would most likely kill all the specimens who broke the door. However, if timed wrongly, the door will be destroyed by the Grenades thrown and will not damage the specimens behind it.
- "Stacking" grenades is a good way to kill powerful specimens without expending a lot of resources.
- Dropping a grenade at your feet can be useful when surrounded. It can sometimes kill everything around you while leaving you at low health. Specimens not killed outright will likely be staggered for a short time, giving you an opportunity to retreat.
- For the firebug at level 5+, being caught in the blast of your own incendiary grenade does no damage at all. This provides a useful tactic for 'pest control' when surrounded by crawlers. Even at level 3 or 4, the fire damage is tolerable, with body armour on.
- The medic's grenade is only useful as a weapon when dealing with masses of weak specimens, so rather than waste them trying to combat a large foe, deploy them among a group of wounded teammates to heal everyone within the area of effect. This means that you can heal teammates from a range without medic guns, and you can heal yourself without using the syringe's alt-fire or the quickheal button.
- For the medic, deploying a grenade at your feet is amazingly useful, it heals you and damages any zed that is close enough to attack you by melee, and any teammates that come to your aid will also be healed.
- Some players like to employ 'suicide grenades' in a hopeless situation: dropping all remaining grenades just before death can be a good way to weaken a powerful enemy and help the rest of the group - and to kill as many specimens as possible so that you get more money at the respawn.
- Grenades can deal blunt damage when thrown on specimen. Gibbing any corpse on their way or killing weak ones.
- On higher difficulties like Suicidal or Hell on Earth; where specimen gains extra speed, they can successfully avoid grenades. For preventing your grenade to be wasted, you should kite them a bit towards the grenade by running back. All specimen have a tendency to chase you but when you stand still they'll try and avoid grenades tossed at them.
- Each grenade has a slightly different fuse time it can vary from 2 to 3 seconds which can result in more or less stacked grenades. It is possible with the right timing to stack up to 8 grenades as mid-level support or demo.
- It is possible to throw 2 grenades on one button press for example on X. First open console ingame and type:
set input x throwgrenade | onrelease throwgrenade
now you can throw 2 grenades fast at one press of x button. Useful for stacking.
- 2-3개의 수류탄을 1초만에 빠르게 투척할 수 있습니다.
- "Stacking" of Grenades is allowed.
- 수류탄은 Fleshpound에게 100% 더 많은피해를 가합니다.
- 몰려다니는 실험체들을 제거하는데 효과적입니다.
- 포위당했을 때 때론 탈출을 할 유일한 방법이기도 합니다.
- (Field Medic, Firebug) Dropping a perk's specialized grenades at one's own feet produces an AOE damaging effect while doing little to no damage to the user, in fact healing the Field Medic.
- (Field Medic) Unlike the healing of the Med-Syringe, the self-healing of the medic grenade does level the player's Medic perk when used on Solo and Multiplayer. This allows players to (admittedly, very slowly) level their Field Medic perk in Solo mode, by doing self-damage and dropping a grenade, or by allowing zeds to partially injure you.
- Experienced Field Medic's may use their special Grenade's area of effect against raging Fleshpounds to have certain control over their movement similar to this can be done with a regular grenade, but Medic grenades effect last longer.
- 얼마나 많은 수류탄을 가지고 있는지 상관없이 1 킬로그램의 무게를 차지하면서 상점에 수류탄을 다시 되팔 수 없음.
- 부주의하게 사용할 시 폭발판경 안의 사용자를 죽일 수 있습니다.(field medic과 고-등급 firebug의 수류탄은 해당되지 않음)
- 비쌈. (수류탄 하나 당 £40).
- 수류탄은 적이나 다른 물체에 맞아 튕겨질 수 있습니다. 그리고 그게 투척자 근처로 튕겨와 폭발할 위험성이 있습니다.
- 우연히 용접된 문을 파괴할 수 있습니다.
- (field medic,firebug) 폭발 피해가 매우 낮습니다.
- (support specialist) 수류탄 피해량은 증가했음에도 불구하고, 자가 피해량은 감소하지 않았습니다. 이는 우연한 자살의 가능성을 높입니다.
- 수류탄 특유의 폭발 지연 시간 때문에, 수류탄은 Siren의 비명소리에 취약합니다.
- 자멸과 지옥 난이도에서는, 실험체들이 수류탄을 더 잘 피하게됩니다.
| 최대 |
- A field medic can use his specialized grenades to self-heal, which, contrary to Med-syringe self-heal, counts toward the player's perk, despite that he is not healing teammates. It also displays a heal-message. (Player's name is Stohner, he heals himself, producing the message, "You healed Stohner")
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|