M7A3 medic gun
“An advanced Horzine prototype assault rifle. Modified to fire healing darts.” —Trader description
The M7A3 is an assault rifle that was introduced during the Summer Sideshow 2012 event.
The values in this table are derived from the SDK. However, they have not gone through extensive testing & therefore may not be 100% accurate.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale value||Damage||Magazine size|
M7A3 deals 70 damage per shot and have 15 bullets loaded in magazine at once as base. Magazine size can be increased by Field Medic's perk bonuses up to 100%, doubling it. M7A3 has a very slight fire delay of 0.17 second. Although rate of fire is slower than other counterparts, it gives space for recoil control.
M7 reloads for 3.07 seconds, which is faster than any other medic rifle but on terms of bullets loaded at once, time efficiency is still low. A level 6 Field Medic, can empty the entire mag in 4.93 seconds thanks to increased magazine size dealing 2100 damage over the course of action. Until magazine is emptied damage per second lingers around 425 dps, while including reload time for considering 8 full seconds into the conclusion it reduces down to 262.5 dps for after reload.
Compared to this, offperk use of the rifle will only allow user to deal 1050 damage over the course of 3.23 second per magazine, setting before reload performance to 325 damage per second and 166.6 damage per second for after reload. Only exception to the after reload dps is using Commando perk which changes it slightly up to 190 damage per second.
M7A3 itself costs 2050£ as base and Field Medic gets 205£ discount for it with each perk level, reducing the initial cost of buying the weapon down to 820£. M7A3 magazine costs 10£ like other medic rifles and gets no discount.
- Short, controlled bursts are extremely effective. Firing 2-3 shots reliably decapitates specimen such as Husks and Sirens at medium range, and allows for more accurately-placed rounds. With this particular weapon's rate of fire, this should not be that difficult. If a more powerful specimen comes speeding in towards you, don't be afraid to empty the mag, just be aware of where your rounds are flying.
- If you find yourself unable to hit a player with darts, consider jabbing them with a Medical syringe. Slower charge regen rate and automatic dart appliances can be unreliable.
- The dart doesn't have instant hit. It has some flying time. This means that you have to estimate where the target will be when the dart arrives. Hence, sometimes you must fire in front of the target in order for it to be healed. It would be wise to wait until your target is standing still or running straight ahead to fire.
- Since the weapon has a slow syringe recharge, carry a faster recharging weapon, which also combos with the M7A3's low ammo capacity so you can continue firing, although, this is only advised if you completely prefer using the M7A3.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Allows healing from range;
- Good damage per shot;
- More spare magazines than MP5M at full reserve;
- Holographic sight for easy target acquisition;
- Fastest magazine reload among medic rifles;
- Digital counter for ammo in magazine and healing dart charge;
- Holographic sight and ammo counter on the weapon turn red when ammo in the magazine is low;
- Fires darts fully-automatic when held down rather than semi-automatic as the MP7 and MP5.
- Healing darts recharge slower than MP5M and Schneidzekk;
- Small magazines;
- Slow rate of fire;
- Extremely high recoil;
- Twice the weight of MP7/MP5;
- Expensive at low perk levels;
- Less healing potency per dart application, equal to MP7M;
- Not fitting for off perk use due to weight and low heal performance.
Bugs and exploits
- Sometimes the display screen on the weapon will become glitched.
- The orientation of the weapon in third-person or from an outlier look can sometimes glitch, causing a character to appear to be holding it one-handed and pointing 90 degrees to the right of where it should be pointing. Aiming, spraying dart or firing fixes this.
- The M7A3 may be based on the Kel-Tec RFB (Rifle, Forward Ejecting, Bullpup).
- The M7A3 was the most expensive weapon in the game, before it was the MP5M, which cost £5000. Now the most expensive weapon is the Schneidzekk at the price of £10000, however all medic weapons' prices were lowered as of the Twisted Christmas 2013 event.
- It has the lowest rate of fire of all fully automatic weapons in Killing Floor. Interestingly enough, all of the other Medic weapons have the highest rates of fire.
- It was originally a weapon in the UT2004 mod "Ballistic Weapons", described as an assault rifle, which was equipped with a scope and different, larger-capacity magazines than the version in Killing Floor.
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|